1. What is an engineering technologist?
An engineering technologist is a specialist devoted to the implementation of existing technology within a field of engineering. Technologists often work with engineers in a wide variety of projects by applying basic engineering principles and technical skills. (Sidney Accord, 2001)
2. How does an engineering technologist differ from an engineer?
The work of engineering technologists focuses on the applied and practical application of engineering principles, whereas the work of engineers emphasizes the theoretical aspects of mathematical, scientific, and engineering principles. (National Society of Professional Engineers)
3. Is Diploma in Engineering Technology right for me?
Decision about pursuing a diploma may not be easy. What you can do to figure out is to visit our campus to get a feel of our school or ask our graduates about their experiences.
4. How many years will I be able to finish the Diploma in Engineering Technology?
This depends on your entry level qualification. If you opt to take enroll in our senior high school program for TVL The work of engineering technologists focuses on the applied and practical application of engineering principles, whereas the work of engineers emphasizes the theoretical aspects of mathematical, scientific, and engineering principles. (National Society of Professional Engineers)
5. How do I qualify?
• The applicant must be male Filipino with age not more than 25 years old
• He may be a:
o member of the Grade 10 batch of his school at the time of application.
o Grade 10 completer or Alternative Learning System graduate
o Grade 11 finisher who wishes to transfer to our school
o Grade 12 graduate
o Graduate of Industrial Technician Program from CITE
• Grades in Math, Physics and English are at least 80% in the last grading period
• Physically and mentally fit
• Should pass the entrance examination, applicant and parents interview, Special Orientation Program (3 days), and physical and medical examination
6. What are the requirements?
• 4 pcs 1×1 ID picture (blue background)
• Original & 4 photocopies of High School Card/Transcript of Records
• 4 pcs photocopy of NSO Birth Certificate
• Original & 4 photocopies of Good Moral Certificate
• Original & 4 photocopies of NCAE Result (if applicable)
• Original & 4 photocopies of Parent’s Latest Income Tax Return or BIR Tax Exemption Certificate
• Form 138 (HS card) or Form 137
• one long brown envelope