1. What is CITE?
CITE (Center for Industrial Technology and Enterprise) Technical Institute, Inc. is the only technical school in the Visayas that offers a 3-year diploma course in Engineering Technology with streams in Electronics Engineering Technology, Mechanical Engineering Technology, Computer Engineering Technology and Electrical Engineering Technology.
2. What is an engineering technologist?
An engineering technologist is a specialist devoted to the implementation of existing technology within a field of engineering. Technologists often work with engineers in a wide variety of projects by applying basic engineering principles and technical skills. (Sidney Accord, 2001)
3. How does an engineering technologist differ from an engineer?
The work of engineering technologists focuses on the applied and practical application of engineering principles, whereas the work of engineers emphasizes the theoretical aspects of mathematical, scientific, and engineering principles. (National Society of Professional Engineers)
4. Is Diploma in Engineering Technology right for me?
Decision about pursuing a diploma may not be easy. What you can do to figure out is to visit our campus to get a feel of our school or ask our graduates about their experiences.
5. How many years will I be able to finish the Diploma in Engineering Technology?
If you are a senior high school graduate from other schools, it will take you 3 years to complete the diploma program including a bridge program.
If you are a graduate of Industrial Technician Program, then it will take you 1 year to finish the program through a modular system of delivery.
6. When can I proceed to degree course?
Only after you have completed the Diploma program in Engineering Technology. The BS in Entrepreneurship is delivered under the Alternative Delivery Modes (ADM) delivery. By ADM, students may be required to report to school only once a week (preferably weekend) for the in-school component of the course.
7. How do I qualify?
• The applicant must be male Filipino with age not more than 25 years old
• He may be a:
o Grade 12 graduate
o College level
• Grades in Math, Physics and English are at least 80% in the last grading period
• Physically and mentally fit
• Should pass the entrance examination, applicant and parents interview, Special Orientation Program (3 days), and physical and medical examination
8. What are the requirements?
• 4 pcs 1×1 ID picture (blue background)
• Original & 2 photocopies of High School Card/Transcript of Records
• 2 pcs photocopy of NSO Birth Certificate
• Original & 2 photocopies of Good Moral Certificate
• Original & 2 photocopies of NCAE Result (if applicable)
• Original & 2 photocopies of Parent’s Latest Income Tax Return or BIR Tax Exemption Certificate or Certificate of Indigency
• one long brown envelope
9. How does your training differ from courses offered in universities?
A: Our courses focus on skills training and values formation. Our program is delivered under Dual Training System or DTS. By the term “dual”, you will be trained in two venues: the school and the industry.
You will be trained in CITE providing you all the necessary theories and skills training. When you are ready, you will be exposed to the industry so you can apply your skills and knowledge in a real work environment under the supervision of a plant coordinator and with corresponding allowance. However, you are required to report to school once a week to enrich your working experience with theories and keep your formative aspect in check.
Given this set-up, we always see to it you bear the proper set of work values so you can study effectively and work efficiently at the same time.
10. How affordable is your tuition and fees?
A:. We don’t call it tuition and fees. Our school offers a unique payback scheme. We call it Study-Now-Sponsor-a- Scholar-Later Program or SNSSLP. Since your education is already paid in full by an alumni, you will have to pledge an amount for the student who comes after you. Your pledge depends on your family’s financial capacity and generosity. Whatever amount your parents have pledged will be used to cover the cost of education of your future scholar thus, the term “sponsor a scholar later”.
11. Does it mean I will have no other financial obligations?
A: Not entirely true. You will have to pay for your school uniforms, school ID, PE uniform, and some school projects may be required by your course. You will have to support your transportation and meal expenses and rental fee if you are staying in a boarding house.
12. Do you offer other scholarships?
A: Yes we do. We offer different forms of scholarship to ensure that you stay in the program. One is the non-academic scholarship afforded to students in need of help to pay up for their school uniforms, transportation, and board and lodging expenses. Another is the academic scholarship which is offered to performing students. We also seek scholarship assistance from local government units, civic groups, and private individuals to provide you educational assistance in any form.
13. What other assistance do you provide?
A: We have a very dynamic program and unique support system. We provide you each a mentor and a class adviser who make sure that you will have positive and successful experience as a student. We reach out to your parents or guardians for close coordination and partnership. We encourage you to join school clubs to foster friendship, develop values, and have a sense of community. Our regular formative activities aim to strengthen your character and develop your sense of professionalism. During your industry exposure, we keep tab of your in-plant training through plant visits and close coordination with our industry counterpart. We put importance on your overall welfare in order to make you ready for the work challenges in the near future.
Are you interested? Apply online here.